US Marines in Afghanistan

The Taliban control about 10% of Afghanistan and NATO controls the other 90%. The region controlled by the Taliban forces is a region rich in opiate production. A large percentage of the world’s opiate supply arrives from this region and the Taliban forces refuse to give this area up to government forces.

United States Marines are now part of the mix in the NATO forces and they are anxious

to confront the Taliban troops who no longer attempt to combat them directly, but instead choose to fight them as guerillas. The Taliban soldiers just can’t deal with the level of firepower produced by American forces. I would sure hate to be on the receiving end of the firepower of an F-16 Falcon or some of the other fighting machines in our arsenal of weapons.

Advertisements
Explore posts in the same categories: Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: